Thursday, May 26, 2011

Elizabeth Smart?s Kidnapper Brian David Mitchell Gets Life Sentence (Video)

brian david mitchell Elizabeth Smarts Kidnapper Brian David Mitchell Gets Life Sentence (Video)

Brian David Mitchell, the crazy street preacher who kidnapped and raped Elizabeth Smart, was sentenced to life in prison on Wednesday.� See video of Elizabeth Smart?s reaction below.

Elizabeth Smart was only 14 at the time of her abduction and she was kept for nine months by Brian David Mitchell.

Smart was taken from her Salt Lake City home at knifepoint in the middle of the night. Mitchell took her to a mountain camp and performed a ceremony to ?marry? them.

?After that, he proceeded to rape me,? Smart said.

Elizabeth was held captive with a cable attached to her leg that had a 10-foot reach. That line was attached to another cable strung between two trees.

Smart said Mitchell made her take alcohol and drugs to lower her resistance.

?He said that he would kill anybody that would come into the camp, or kill me if I ever tried to escape or yell out,? Smart testified.

The U.S. Attorney for Utah Carlie Christensen said of Brian David Mitchell?s life sentence:

?We believe it is an appropriate, just and long overdue result for our community, for the Smart family and of course, most importantly, Elizabeth.?

Elizabeth Smart said she is ?thrilled? with the sentencing, the longest allowed by law.

?As I said during court, and I?ll say it again now, I absolutely 100% believe that Brian David Mitchell knew exactly what he was doing when he kidnapped me, and all the events that followed. ? Today is the ending of a very long chapter, and the beginning of a very beautiful chapter for me.?

During her three days of testimony Smart said:

?I felt that because of what he had done to me, I was marked,? and ?I wasn?t the same. My personal value had dropped. I was nothing. Another person could never love me.?

Smart confronted her kidnapper in court but Mitchell just rocked back and forth and sang to himself as she spoke.

?I don?t have very much to say to you. I know exactly what you did,? Elizabeth said to Mitchell. ?I know that you know that what you did was wrong. You did it with full knowledge ? but I have a wonderful life now and no matter what you do, you will never affect me again.

?You took away nine months of my life that can never be returned. You will have to be held responsible for those actions, whether it?s in this life or the next, and I hope you are ready for when that time comes.?

Mitchell?s sentencing was stalled for years after he was declared mentally ill and unfit to stand trial but a federal jury in December unanimously convicted him of kidnapping and unlawful transportation of a minor across state lines for sex.

Wanda Barzee, his estranged wife is serving a 15-year sentence in a federal prison hospital in Texas for her role in the kidnapping.

Here?s video of Brian David Mitchell?s sentencing and Smart?s reaction:

Click thumbnails for larger pictures

Images: news

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/stupidcelebrities/~3/N_sJh3BmHco/

Mariah Carey Teri Hatcher Natalie Portman Eva Longoria Mila Kunis

No comments:

Post a Comment