Thursday, January 27, 2011

Celine Dion: "I've Had Almost No Time Getting a Shower" Since Having Twins

Celine Dion: "I've Had Almost No Time Getting a Shower" Since Having Twins

Celine Dion is the first person to admit that raising twins isn't the easiest feat. "I take things day by day. That's the secret to me," the singer, 42, tells the French magazine Gala about her 10-week-old twin sons Nelson and Eddy. "In any case, breastfeeding is more difficult if you are stressed. Sometimes I find myself in comical situations I don't know how to get myself out of. For example, when both are feeding and one has gas while the other is burping, I don't know which position to adopt!"

Luckily for Dion, her sense of humor about her situation is aided by the fact that her family has all hands on deck. Her mom Thérèse and sister Linda have been helping out with the "housework, cooking or doing the shopping," Dion says, which allows her to concentrate solely on the babies, who joined older brother Rene-Charles, 10. "I didn't have these children to not take care of them, to give myself to them 200 - 300 percent," she says.

Though Dion enjoys all the responsibilities of diaper changes and breastfeeding, calling it "an intense joy," she admits that she "was a little outside myself" after her sons were born on Oct. 23. "I had no appetite and that bothered me," she adds. "My mother remarked that she noticed I had moments of lifelessness, but reassured me that this was entirely normal."

In March, Dion will return to her Las Vegas show, which she'll start rehearsing for later this month. But her upcoming performances aren't her main focus right now. "In reality, I've had almost no time getting a shower and feeding myself," she confesses. "My only worry has been to be able to open and close (my tops) quickly for breastfeeding. It's been out of the question to even wear a blouse!"

What do you think is the most difficult part about raising kids? Chime in below!

Brooke Burke Maggie Grace Michelle Trachtenberg Kate Hudson Jamie Lynn Sigler

Izabella Miko Autumn Reeser Summer Altice Melissa Joan Hart Adrianne Palicki

No comments:

Post a Comment