Saturday, July 2, 2011

Daniel Radcliffe Dishes on the End of Harry Potter

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

There are just a couple of weeks left until the last Harry Potter flick is released (sad, we know). But, before the wizarding world comes to an official end, Daniel Radcliffe sat down with us to dish on life as Harry Potter (and if a kiss between Rupert and Hermione finally comes to fruition).

So, what did Radcliffe have to say about the end of the Potter era?

MORE: Daniel Radcliffe on Last Day of Potter Filming: "I Wept Like a Child"

When asked if there really would be no more Harry Potter films, Radcliffe quipped, "It's really coming to an end. I'm kind of waiting for somebody to graffiti ?at last' or something next to it."

The convo wasn't all jokes for the 20-year-old thesp, however. Radcliffe took a serious turn, noting that his experience on Potter has been a very beneficial one for him as an actor.

"I feel like It's been a huge learning curve and I've been fortunate enough to work with some of the best actors in the world," Radcliffe said. "I feel like to a certain extent that I've been in the best film/drama school that anyone could wish for because there's no better way to learn something than by doing it."

As for his thoughts on the outcome of the film series' last flick...

"I was actually really pleased," Radcliffe said with a smile. "I was very nervous going in because had I not been pleased then I probably would've been in a downward spiral and I probably wouldn't have been able to enjoy it as much. But thankfully I was just delighted and so proud, and it's a very good film. I do think Alan Rickman gives the film performance of his career in this movie."

And while Radcliffe didn't give away any of the film's surprises, he did touch upon Ron and Hermione's kiss in the movie.

"What's nice is that it's there but it's not lingered on," Radcliffe said. "I'm sure Ron and Hermione will get a big applause from the audience, and they should, they've been waiting long enough to see that happen. But what's lovely is the part after they break up and start laughing, I can see that it's just Rupert and Emma."

Since the trio has grown up together, we couldn't help but to ask him what his favorite moment was while playing the precocious wizard.

"I think for a while I took for granted that I was playing an action hero," Radcliffe said. "I've had to remind myself that it's not very often in an actor's career that you get to play action heroes, and there was a moment on the second film that I got to burst through the water into a ring of fire, and I actually did that. And I thought, if my career continues for another hundred years, I probably won't get to do that. So, that was pretty cool."

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part Two hits theaters July 15.

PHOTOS: Flick picks--Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

Source: http://feeds.eonline.com/~r/eonline/topstories/~3/eVfKpMEFxgA/b250404_daniel_radcliffe_dishes_on_end_of_harry.html

Jennifer Sky Scarlett Chorvat Jamie Gunns Kim Yoon jin Samantha Mumba

No comments:

Post a Comment