Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Kerry Katona hopes reality TV show will prove she?s a good mum

Kerry Katona hopes her new TV show will prove she is a good mum and has put her drug use behind her.

The blonde beauty has been filmed for the last few months for her new reality series ?Kerry Katona ? The Next Chapter? and she is confident viewers will see a happier and healthier person compared to the woman they saw in her last programme ?Kerry Coming Clean?.

During that series, the 30-year-old star was seen dealing with her split from estranged husband Mark Croft and trying to get her life back on track after stopping taking cocaine.

When asked if she was worried the public thought she was a bad parent when she was using the Class A drug, the mother-of-four said: ?Yeah 110 per cent, but the thing is my kids ? even though I did take drugs ? didn?t know anything about that, up until a few months ago when I decided to let them watch the TV show ?Kerry Katona: Coming Clean?. I may have messed my own life up but my kids were completely protected from all that.?

Kerry ? who has two daughters Molly, nine, and Lilly-Sue, seven, from her first marriage to Brian McFadden, and daughter Heidi, three, and two-year-old son Max with Mark ? insists she cares about people?s opinions of her and is determined to prove she?s turned her life around.

Speaking at the launch of the series at London?s Soho Hotel, she told BANG Showbiz: ?I think ?Dancing On Ice? showed the public are definitely behind me. We all make mistakes in life, I?m sure you?ve made them, I?ve made them, everyone?s made them, and this new series is showing me turning my life around.

?If it wasn?t for the public I wouldn?t have the job that I have. I wouldn?t have the support that I have, I wouldn?t be doing the most unbelievable job in the world. It is important to be liked by the public, I don?t care if some celebrity says, ?I?m not arsed what they say.? I am arsed, I am bothered, I?m a mum and my kids get to rid the s**t that people print about me, so it is important to be liked by the public. I am like marmite though ? you either love me or you hate me. You can?t win everybody?s affection.?

?Kerry Katona ? The Next Chapter? airs on ITV2 on Wednesday March 30 at 9.00pm.

Follow unrealitytv on Twitter

Ehrinn Cummings Adriana Lima Rachel Nichols Lisa Marie Piper Perabo

No comments:

Post a Comment