Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Linda Hogan: I was afraid Hulk would kill me

Linda Hogan claimed on 'Today' that she suffered domestic abuse from her ex, Hulk Hogan.

NBC; Paul Kane/Gett

Linda Hogan claimed on 'Today' that she suffered domestic abuse from her ex, Hulk Hogan.

It seems Linda Hogan had a reason to be afraid of her wrestling star ex-husband Hulk Hogan.

In her new memoir, "Wrestling the Hulk: My Life Against the Ropes," the 51-year-old reality star discusses her ex's angry behavior at the time they were married and the domestic abuse she claims to have endured.

"He tore my shirt. He threw lamps. He held me down on the bed with his hands around my throat during arguments, slamming doors, pounding walls," she wrote. "I was always afraid he would kill me in one of his rages."

During an interview with Matt Lauer on the "Today" show Tuesday, Hogan revealed the reason why she believes her ex turned ugly.

"Drugs were always around ? prescribed," she said. "[Wrestlers have] always got injuries you know. There was a constant flow of pain pills, anti-inflammatories, steroids?a lot of them did take steroids. Combined? It makes somebody ? you don't know what you're dealing with."

She says the drugs, which she alleges he used, changed her husband into a man she no longer knew.

"He did not feel remorse," she added. "And to this day he's never apologized for any of his actions?but that is something that scared me. I don't want to be a statistic like Nicole [Brown] Simpson."

But, even though she suffered wrath from her ex-husband, she never spoke up about it ? until now.

"I was afraid to say anything," she confessed. "Had I said something, the carpet would have been pulled up from underneath his career. I don't know what my kids would have done. They were little at the time. It's scary. It's a very scary position. You don't know how far they're going to go. One fight can escalate and turn into something you don't want."

Source: http://feeds.nydailynews.com/~r/nydnrss/gossip/~3/6ZplzHbeSiY/2011-06-28_linda_hogan_tells_today_host_matt_lauer_about_the_domestic_abuse_she_suffered_fr.html

Leeann Tweeden Tamie Sheffield Joanna Krupa Foxy Brown Melissa Rycroft

No comments:

Post a Comment